Roivant is a global biopharma company improving health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We do this by co-incubating pharmaceutical and technology companies called Vants - nimble, independent, entrepreneurial companies focused on delivering results. The Vant Technology team is the software side of this incubator. We build web and data processing applications that integrate healthcare data sources to help support rapid, innovative, and intelligent pharmaceutical development - from discovery to commercialization. By actively partnering with pharma development operators to co-develop software-powered workflows, we can design, build, and iterate in the real world much more rapidly than our competitors. We are exceptionally well-positioned to pull pharma development into the modern era.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with full-stack application development experience to work on products that range from supporting early clinical decision-making to optimizing and accelerating clinical trials. We want to rapidly build and test novel ideas staffed with a small, nimble, but well-supported group of engineers. If you love the idea of building, measuring, and learning to drive fundamental change in how pharmaceuticals are developed and brought to market, this role is a great fit.
What you'll do:
- Identify, scope, and lead large-scale technical projects with core business impact
- Work cross-functionally, including with product, other engineers, data scientists, and pharma experts
- Have ownership of software from design to deployment
- Be collaboratively and actively involved in decision making and setting the ongoing roadmap
- Translate business and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Write things down and actively contribute to documentation
- Work in a collaborative environment where you can build, test and iterate quickly
- Mentor colleagues and help scale a rapidly growing and rapidly moving new organization
Who you are:
- At least five years of software development experience
- At least one year of experience building applications in Python
- Cloud-native application development experience, such as container-based deployments and reproducible infrastructure
- Experience with relational and distributed data stores such as Postgres and BigQuery, web application frameworks such as Flask and Django, and related tools
- Experience with a healthcare or life sciences environment a plus
- Experience with a regulated industry a plus
Roivant is an equal opportunity employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, without regard to race; color; religion; sex; gender identity or expression; pregnancy, a childbirth, or a related medical condition; reproductive health decisions; national origin; age; disability; genetic information; veteran status; an employee's needs as a victim of domestic violence, sex offenses, or stalking; credit history; or, any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.