Roivant is a global biopharma company that aims to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants - nimble, entrepreneurial biotech and healthcare technology companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, and deploying technology. At Roivant, we will give you the resources and freedom to tackle some of the most important and challenging problems in healthcare. If you find that exciting, we want to work with you.
We are seeking a thoughtful, hands-on Data Engineer to join Sumitovant's Data Architecture team. Data Architecture is a broad team that develops and operates the data platform used by developers throughout the Sumitovant family. The team implements all data ingestion, storage, and analytics tooling and provides other ad hoc database needs.
At Sumitovant You Will:
- Join a small team partnering with product owners and developers at Sumitovant and Vants to provide end-to-end data solutions for technology tools and products
- Build and optimize tools for data ingestion and storage, including components of Sumitovant's Data Lake/Warehouse platform following best coding practices
- Automate and maintain data processing pipelines, implement modern ETL infrastructure, and continuously improve the efficiency of our platform
- Serve as a subject matter expert on big data analytics projects that provide insights for business and technical stakeholders
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree with strong academic performance, preferably in a quantitative field
- 4+ years experience with Python, database development, Git, Linux and AWS (S3, EC2, SNS, Lambda, SQS, Glue and Athena)
- Experience with Spark, Terraform, Docker, big data and/or healthcare data preferred
- Knowledge of Scrum and desire to work in an incredibly fast-moving, agile environment
- Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done; experience in high-growth or startup environments a plus