At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients' lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts.
Roivant's drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
Roivant is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Associate with strong experience in protein sciences. The successful candidate will play a key role in the protein expression and purification function within the protein science group to support multiple drug discovery programs and will be able to collaborate closely with other scientists as a team player.
- Learn (RA) and practice (SRA) protein expression, purification and characterization
- Maintain mammalian and insect cell lines in suspension culture
- Protein characterization including SDS-PAGE, analytical HPLC and Western Blot etc.
- Ensure accurate registration of protein batches in protein database and record all laboratory data in electronic notebook
- Fully engage in an interdisciplinary environment with biochemists, biophysicists and protein structural biologists
- Contribute to group organization, productivity, and idea sharing
- Experience with biochemical and biophysical assays is a strong plus
- B.S. (RA) or M.S. (SRA) in protein science or related scientific discipline with documented relevant laboratory experience
- The ability to learn new techniques quickly, passion for applied science, and strong work ethic
- Desired - protein expression and purification experience including mammalian cell culture, protein expression optimization, purification method development, and the ability to troubleshoot scientific problems
- Desired - Hands on experience in the operation of AKTApure and HPLC system
- Protein characterization experience such as spectroscopy, protein assays, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot etc.
- Experience with protein database and electronic notebook is a plus
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency under tight deadlines
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to achieve goals
- Commitment to building a world-class drug discovery organization
Protein expression and purification experience including mammalian cell culture, protein expression optimization, purification method development, and the ability to troubleshoot scientific problems
Hands on experience in the operation of AKTApure and HPLC system
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.