Roivant is a global biopharma company improving health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We do this by co-incubating pharmaceutical and technology companies called Vants - nimble, independent, entrepreneurial companies focused on delivering results. The Vant Technology team is the software side of this incubator. We build web and data processing applications that integrate healthcare data sources to help support rapid, innovative, and intelligent pharmaceutical development - from discovery to commercialization. By actively partnering with pharma development operators to co-develop software-powered workflows, we can design, build, and iterate in the real world much more rapidly than our competitors. We are exceptionally well-positioned to pull pharma development into the modern era.
As part of the IT Support Engineering organization, your responsibility will be to drive technical engineering and end-user-facing system integrations with a keen eye towards the holistic user experience for our colleagues working in our technology ecosystem. This position will bridge the gap between Roivant's IT Support Engineering and IT Infrastructure Engineering functions. It is a highly technical role but is grounded in UX and user-centered design. You are as likely to redesign the flow of a systems or process experience, as to deploy and maintain an MDM system, integrate SaaS systems or build CI/CD pipelines to deliver automated outcomes to our colleagues.
This role will work alongside the IT Support Engineering team and while focused on technology, will also participate to deliver excellent support and working experience to our colleagues.
Roivant IT is transforming the way technology is used in order to make our vision of becoming the first PharmaTech company a reality. We do this by being the trusted technology advisors to Roivant leadership while delivering Agile IT as a Service to the functional teams and Vants, in order to implement innovative technology driven solutions.
Support Engineering at Roivant is the primary colleague-facing team inside Roivant IT. While also encompassing standard Support functions, Support Engineering's primary goal is to use technology to empower, enable and streamline Roivant's business.
- Configuration, implementation, management and automation of centralized end-user device management systems
- Design and build of custom internal app store(s)
- Analyzation of support ticket data to identify opportunities for experience or efficiency improvements though building self-service services.
- Design and implement improved processes for gathering CSAT data, which could include purchasing or developing applications in support of this goal.
- A high level of general computing expertise - end user computing, SaaS, IaaS, virtualization.
- Expertise in engineering and maintaining a heterogeneous end-user computing environment - Windows, Mac and Linux
- Deep competency managing Windows and Mac endpoints.
- Ability and willingness to thoroughly document projects, large and small.
- Competency in on-prem (e.g. Active Directory) and SaaS (e.g Okta, Google) directory and authentication systems.
- Competency in one or more programming languages - Python, Bash, Powershell, etc. Bonus points for Python.
- Competency in using REST APIs to automate and integrate systems, via any given technique.
- Competency using Git or other source code management systems.
- Competency with one or mode endpoint management (MDM) systems such as JAMF, InTune, Kace, Hexnode etc.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and one or more related systems, such as CircleCI, Travis, GitLab, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.
- Familiarity with one or more cloud computing platforms such as AWS or GCP. Bonus points for GCP.
- Familiarity with one or more Agile or Lean methodologies is a big plus.
- Willingness and ability to participate in direct Support activities such as ticket triage and resolution as needed, though primary work will be project-based.
- Bonus points for familiarity or experience with (in no particular order or grouping): YAML, Kanban, building web apps (any technique or framework), building API services (any technique or framework)
Roivant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.