Product UI/UX Designer
Posted Date: Oct. 28, 2019
Roivant is a global biopharma company that aims to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants - nimble, entrepreneurial biotech and healthcare technology companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, and deploying technology to drive greater efficiency in R&D and commercialization.
Since 2014, we have built 20 Vants and have raised over $3 billion to pursue our mission. Our family of companies today includes roughly 900 employees and over 45 investigational medicines in clinical and preclinical development, targeting a wide range of serious diseases including endometriosis, prostate cancer, Parkinson's disease, sickle cell disease, and multiple rare and fatal pediatric conditions. In addition to our biopharmaceutical subsidiaries, we also build technology-focused Vants focused on improving the process of developing and commercializing medicines.
Roivant's employees are its most important assets. Our hiring strategy is to identify top talent from all backgrounds and develop future leaders across our businesses. We prioritize intellect and entrepreneurial energy first and look for team members who can create value and take ownership over their projects. We offer a fast-paced environment that values work ethic, analytical rigor, collaboration, and creative thinking.
At Roivant, we will give you the resources and freedom to tackle some of the most important and challenging problems in healthcare. If you find that exciting, we want to work with you.
About the Opportunity
How often are you given the opportunity to build something from the ground up, with an abundance of resources at your disposal; to be part of a team of people accomplished in diverse scientific and engineering disciplines, focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology to address complex, real-world problems that have a positive impact on potentially millions of peoples' lives? This is that kind of opportunity.
We are seeking a thoughtful hands-on Product UI/UX Designer with a strong aptitude for data visualization to join the rapidly growing team in our New York City headquarters, focused on building a new digital health Vant. The ideal candidate has a serious passion for user-centered design; believes in constantly evolving and improving through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation; and has the agility to go from the whiteboard sketch of an application, to high-fidelity mockups, to prototype implementation.
- Advocate for design excellence
- Foster a healthy feedback culture, strike the right balance of design quality and pragmatic progress, and help the team value building great user experiences as an essential part of achieving our business goals
- Work closely with business leaders, product managers, partners, and customers to collect, understand, and translate high-level requirements and use cases into personas, user journeys, and user stories
- Develop detailed process flows, sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture, prototypes, illustration assets, and design/style guides for our applications, data visualizations, and dashboards
- Participate in the Agile software development process, alongside the product and engineering teams, to integrate design into the daily and planning scrums and to continuously test and iterate on designs and usability throughout the product life cycle
- Run user research, interviews, and design critique meetings in a collaborative fashion that welcomes innovative ideas and feedback
- Work closely with product, engineering, and data science teams to understand how our customers use our products and what they need to succeed
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure the technical feasibility of your UI/UX designs
- Keep up-to-date on emerging technology solutions and best practices for continuous improvements in user-centered design, data visualization, and end-user experience
- Evangelize design thinking throughout the organization
- 5+ years of experience in designing user experiences/interfaces for responsive web applications or enterprise SaaS solutions
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design, including typography, layout, color, space, etc.
- 3+ years of experience designing and building data visualizations that present complex data simply and intuitively to enable faster and better decision-making
- Solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies
- Proficiency in design, wireframing, and prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Balsamiq, Figma, Framer, Axure, etc.)
- Strong understanding of web standards and front-end design concepts like layout, specificity, accessibility, and browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized, with effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to learn quickly and autonomously
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Superior problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Sincere interest in working at a rapidly changing start-up and scaling with the company as we grow
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent field
Preferred (Nice-to-have) Qualifications
- Understanding of systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- Knowledge of data visualization and charting libraries (e.g. D3, DC, C3, Plotly, etc.)
- Experience in the life sciences industry
- Experience with healthcare data, ideally clinical/operational clinical trial data
- Knowledge of e-clinical systems and technologies (e.g. EDC, CTMS, IRT, etc.)
- Direct experience collaborating with clinical research/operations professionals
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, etc.)
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA, MSc, PhD, etc.) in relevant field
Please include a link to your portfolio, demonstrating your experience creating product designs for user-centric responsive web applications and/or data visualization solutions, with your application.