At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients' lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world's leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company.
Roivant's drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
• Serve as medicinal chemistry lead for internal drug discovery projects and drive to clear decision points to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment with company goals.
• Prioritize medicinal chemistry activities, managing both internal and external chemistry resources to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment with company goals.
• Work intimately within the chemistry and computational design group to evaluate and prioritize new compound designs in weekly design meetings.
• Establish and maintain a clear understanding of the internal computational capabilities, and how to apply these tools to support new compound design.
• Build, critically interpret and react to structure activity relationships incorporating structural information and physicochemical properties.
• Possess a clear and effective communication style to disseminate project data and medicinal chemistry approach to both internal colleagues and external collaborators
• Build and maintain productive relationships with cross functional colleagues in computational simulation, computational development and structural biology and biophysics.
- Ph.D. with 8+ years' experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting as a medicinal chemist or equivalent experience.
- Experience serving as a chemistry leader for drug discovery projects, building a chemistry flow scheme and advancing compounds from hit-to-lead through lead optimization and in vivo studies. Experience leading cross-functional project teams is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing external and internal chemistry resources to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency and the ability manage timelines and resources to drive projects toward key decision criteria.
- Highly knowledgeable in the understanding of the relationship between physiochemical and ADME properties on drug exposure, and the integration of this information into compound design and profiling.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the fundamentals of structure-based drug design and how to use these concepts to drive compound optimization.
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.