Posted Date: Nov. 18, 2019
Roivant is a global biopharma company that aims to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants - nimble, entrepreneurial biotech and healthcare technology companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, and deploying technology to drive greater efficiency in R&D and commercialization.
Since 2014, we have built 20 Vants and have raised over $3 billion to pursue our mission. Our family of companies today includes roughly 900 employees and over 45 investigational medicines in clinical and preclinical development, targeting a wide range of serious diseases including endometriosis, prostate cancer, Parkinson's disease, sickle cell disease, and multiple rare and fatal pediatric conditions. In addition to our biopharmaceutical subsidiaries, we also build technology-focused Vants focused on improving the process of developing and commercializing medicines.
Roivant's employees are its most important assets. Our hiring strategy is to identify top talent from all backgrounds and develop future leaders across our businesses. We prioritize intellect and entrepreneurial energy first and look for team members who can create value and take ownership over their projects. We offer a fast-paced environment that values work ethic, analytical rigor, collaboration, and creative thinking.
At Roivant, we will give you the resources and freedom to tackle some of the most important and challenging problems in healthcare. If you find that exciting, we want to work with you.
About the Opportunity
How often are you given the opportunity to build something from the ground up, with an abundance of resources at your disposal; to be part of a team of people accomplished in diverse scientific and engineering disciplines, focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology to address complex, real-world problems that have a positive impact on potentially millions of peoples' lives? This is that kind of opportunity.
We are seeking a thoughtful hands-on Data Analyst to join the rapidly growing team in our New York City headquarters, focused on building a new digital health Vant. As the first Data Analyst, you will play a major role in defining our analytics strategy and methodology, and building a culture of data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate is insatiably curious and unafraid to ask questions; thrives on deriving insights from messy data; and is just as comfortable speaking technically with developers and engineers about data as they are digging into business questions and presenting insights to senior leaders to promote actionable change.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, analysts, and developers to identify, prioritize, and frame data and analysis requirements for deliverables that that will drive product and engineering strategy
- Work with business leadership to answer our burning questions with actionable data and insights
- Compile, transform, and interpret raw data from multiple sources into accessible analytics-ready data formats using SQL and Python
- Partner with various stakeholders to ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Collect, document, and systematically handle data issues
- Work with Data Scientists to identify and analyze proprietary and third-party data sets to generate clinical and operational insights
- Contribute to the development of our clinical trial risk monitoring application, which enables data analysis and visualization across various study dimensions
- Work with in-house, off-shore and/or near-shore development teams to achieve iterative sprint goals
- Collaborate with the Roivant Data Architecture and Development Operations platform teams to evaluate and implement methodologies to improve workflows and processes that facilitate data ingestion, analysis, and visualization
- Keep up-to-date on emerging technology solutions for continuous improvements in data analytics
- Help recruit highly capable engineers to the team from diverse backgrounds
- Mentor and be mentored by colleagues of varied experience levels and subject matter areas
- 2+ years relevant hands-on experience analyzing large, complex, structured and unstructured datasets, generating reports, and providing actionable insights to business and technical stakeholders
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Excel, and familiarity with Python a plus
- Basic understanding of applied statistics
- Basic understanding of machine learning techniques (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases and data models
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized, with effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to learn quickly and autonomously
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Superior problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Sincere interest in working at a rapidly changing start-up and scaling with the company as we grow
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent field
Preferred (Nice-to-have) Qualifications
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, etc.)
- Knowledge of data visualization and charting libraries (e.g. D3, DC, C3, Plotly, etc.)
- Comfortable learning and using other programming languages such as R, Matlab, etc.
- Familiarity with modern data technologies (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, Spark, Databricks, etc.)
- Experience with AWS S3, EC2, EMR, or an equivalent cloud-hosted infrastructure
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience in the life sciences industry
- Experience with healthcare data, ideally clinical/operational clinical trial data
- Knowledge of e-clinical systems and technologies (e.g. EDC, CTMS, IRT, etc.)
- Direct experience collaborating with clinical research/operations professionals
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA, MSc, PhD, etc.) in relevant field