Associate Data Engineer
Posted Date: Jan. 22, 2020
Roivant is a global biopharma company that aims to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants - nimble, entrepreneurial biotech and healthcare technology companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, and deploying technology. At Roivant, we will give you the resources and freedom to tackle some of the most important and challenging problems in healthcare. If you find that exciting, we want to work with you.
We are seeking a thoughtful, hands-on Data Engineer to join Roivant's Data Architecture team. Data Architecture is a broad team that develops and operates the data platform used by developers throughout the Roivant family. The team implements all data ingestion, storage, and analytics tooling and provides other ad hoc database needs.
- You will join a small team partnering with product owners and developers at Roivant and Vants to provide end-to-end data solutions for technology tools and products.
- You will follow best coding practices to build and optimize tools for data ingestion and storage, including components of Roivant's Data Lake/Warehouse platform.
- You will automate and maintain data processing pipelines, implement modern ETL infrastructure, and continuously improve the efficiency of our platform.
- You will serve as a subject matter expert on big data analytics projects that provide insights for business and technical stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic performance, preferably in a quantitative field
- 1-3 years experience with Python, database development, Git, Linux and AWS (S3, EC2, SNS, Lambda, SQS)
- Experience with Spark, terraform, Docker, big data and/or healthcare data preferred
- Knowledge of Scrum and desire to work in an incredibly fast-moving, agile environment
- Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done; experience in high-growth or startup environments a plus