Accounting Roivant Analyst Program 2020
Posted Date: Aug. 12, 2019
About Roivant Sciences
Roivant is a global biopharma company that aims to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants - nimble, entrepreneurial biotech and healthcare technology companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, and deploying technology.
Since 2014, we have built 16 Vants to date and have raised over $3 billion to pursue our mission. Our family of companies today includes roughly 900 employees and over 35 medicines in development targeting a wide range of serious diseases including endometriosis, prostate cancer, Parkinson's disease, sickle cell disease, and multiple rare and fatal pediatric conditions.
The Accounting Analyst Program at Roivant
Roivant offers a two-year analyst program, beginning in summer 2020, with three tracks - general, tech, and accounting - that train and develop bright, hard-working college graduates to succeed at Roivant and ultimately grow into leaders across the organization.
Within the accounting track, analysts will focus on the different functions of our Accounting and Finance teams. In each area, analysts will work side-by-side with experienced professionals and senior management to improve overall department efficiency, company controls, procedures, as well as provide general departmental support. Analysts will rotate through several teams spanning General Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Consolidations, Treasury, and Tax. Projects can range from assisting with reconciliation of cash, amortization of prepaids, and depreciation of fixed assets, to evaluating P&L and balance sheet trends, and identifying and investigating unusual account variances.
The program will allow candidates to develop and enhance the skills necessary to become strong accounting and finance professionals. Following the two years, analysts will be placed on a team within Accounting and Finance based on the analyst's skillset and interests and the department's needs.
Roivant's employees are its most important assets. Our hiring strategy is to identify top talent from all backgrounds and develop future leaders across our businesses. We prioritize intellect and entrepreneurial energy first and look for team members who can create value and take ownership over their projects. We offer a fast-paced environment that values work ethic, analytical rigor, collaboration, and creative thinking.
At Roivant, we will give you the resources and freedom to tackle some of the most important and challenging problems in healthcare. If you find that exciting, we want to work with you.
Below, we've listed some preferred characteristics and requirements for our incoming analysts. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Preferred Skills and Characteristics
- Passionate about Roivant and our goal to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients
- Highly innovative problem-solver possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, project planning skills, and a demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Eligible to sit for CPA exams (CPA reimbursement provided by Roivant)
- Internship within the Accounting/Finance area in a fast-paced work environment (Preferred)
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic performance in Accounting, Actuarial Sciences, Finance, Economics, Business Management, or a related degree
- Enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate university in the United States with an expected graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020, as this program begins summer 2020
- Willingness to relocate to New York, NY
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Applications: August 12 at 9:00am EST - October 15, 2019 at 11:59pm EST
- Interviews: August through November 2019, on a rolling basis or until class is full
Please note that candidates are only able to submit one application for Roivant's entry-level programs. You can still be considered for other roles, but please submit an application for the role that you're most interested in. There will be a way to indicate interest in multiple roles within the application.